Ages 13 and over
Variety of accommodation
With/without French lessons
From Nice to Marseille, explore the French Riviera !
Soak up a sun-drenched region where you’ll get a warm welcome from its friendly locals on the famous Côte d’Azur. As soon as you arrive you’ll be awestruck by the magical Mediterranean coast and hinterland, jaw-dropping brightly-coloured scenery, from the lavender fields and ochre stone in Les Baux de Provence to the blue calanques and green Gorges du Verdon. Enjoy the good life on your language stay as you explore and unwind to the sound of the crickets chirping and the locals’ sing-song accent, especially if you stay with a host family! The Provençal region is bursting with art and history with a blend of foreign influences.
Take your pick from the plethora of museums and galleries (Picasso, Matisse, Cézanne, Mucem etc.), famous landmarks (the Negresco, Château de Montecristo etc.), exciting excursions (hilltop village tours, boat rides to the Lérins Islands etc.) and unique workshops and experiences to share with French people (perfume-making workshop in Grasse, Nice cookery class etc.).
Are you more into Marcel Pagnol’s books or the Cannes Festival’s red carpet? Chilling in Saint Tropez or hiking in the Luberon? Both? VAL has the eclectic language stays in Nice and Marseille of your dreams!
Your tailor-made cultural trip
in Nice and Marseille
• Choose your travel program •
Our stay packages in Provence
Discover our travel programs, with or without FLE courses, depending on the duration and the program of activities.
- “Azur Stay 5” (5 days/4 nights): 9 hrs of French lessons, 4 half-day activities, 4 overnight stays
- “Azur Stay 6” (6 days/5 nights): 12 hrs of French lessons, 6 half-day activities, 5 overnight stays
- “Azur Stay 6” (7 days/6 nights): 15 hrs of French lessons, 7 half-day activities, 6 overnight stays
- “Azur Stay 14” (14 days/13 nights): 30 hrs of French lessons, 10 half-day and 2 full-day activities, 13 overnight stays
- “Cultural Azur Stay 5” (5 days/4 nights): 2 museum tours, 1 guided tour, 3 quirky tours, 2 day trips, 4 overnight stays
- “Cultural Azur Stay 6” (6 days/5 nights): 2 museum tours, 2 guided tours, 3 quirky tours, 2 day trips, 5 overnight stays
- “Cultural Azur Stay 7” (7 days/6 nights): 3 museum tours, 3 guided tours, 4 quirky tours, 2 day trips, 6 overnight stays
- “Cultural Azur Stay 14” (14 days/13 nights): 4 museum tours, 4 guided tours, 5 quirky tours, 4 day trips, 13 overnight stays
- “Exception Azur Stay 5” (5 days/ 4 nights) : 2 guided tours, 1 workshop, 4 tours and a show, 4 overnight stays
- “Exception Azur Stay 6” (6 days/ 5 nights) : 3 guided tours, 2 ateliers, 5 tours and a show, 5 overnight stays
- “Exception Azur Stay 7” (7 days/6 nights) : 4 guided tours, 3 ateliers, 5 tours, 1 day trip and a show, 6 overnight stays
- “Exception Azur Stay 14” (14 days/13 nights): 6 guided tours, 4 workshops, 6 tours, 3 day trips and a show, 13 overnight stays
3 different stay packages to enjoy the French Riviera :
Explore the Côte d’Azur and Provence with a programme tailored to suit your needs from Vacances Actives Linguistiques:
- Language stay (cultural activities + French lessons)
- Cultural stay (trip focusing on French culture without French lessons)
- “Exception française” stay: specific break focusing on regional Provençal signatures: the Mediterranean diet, art and perfume artisans, the history of the Phoenicians and Niçois, tableware, shows and festivals etc.
Cultural activities include classic and quirky tours, workshops and experiences, excursions and guided tours.
Each overnight stay includes:
- Accommodation in a host family (2 or 3 students per family), residence or hotel (dorms)
- Half-board (breakfast and dinner)
Explore our wide range of travel packages based on stay length and activity schedule.
• Choose your local activities •
Our suggestions for cultural activities in and around Nice
Visits, workshops & themed tours
Museums in Nice
- Musée d’Art Moderne
- Musée National du Sport
- Musée National Marc Chagall
- Musée Matisse
- Musée des Beaux Arts
- Musée d’Art Naïf
- Musée des Merveille.
Museums around Nice
- Musée Renoir (Cagnes sur Mer)
- Musée Picasso (Antibes)
- Musée d’Archéologie (Antibes)
- Musée Peynet et de Dessin Humoristique (Antibes)
- Musée Fernand Léger (Vallauris)
- Fondation Maeght (Saint Paul de Vence).
Workshops and unique experiences in Provence
- Foodie tours: Nice cookery
- Treasure hunts
- Photography tours
- Oil mill, the last working mill in Nice
- Artisan brewery
- Musée du Vin
- Cookery class
- Confiserie Florian
- Perfume-making workshop and Musée du Parfum tour
- La Verrerie de Biot glassmakers
Guided tours in and around Nice
- Vieux Nice, tour of Nice neighbourhoods and their buildings
- St Nicholas Orthodox Cathedral
- Archaeological crypt
- Nice Observatory
- Fort Carré d’Antibes
- Château Musée Grimaldi in Cagnes sur Mer
- Villefranche sur Mer old town and citadel.
Themed tours & quirky activities in Provence
- Villa Ephrussi de Rothschild and grounds in Nice
- Greek Villa Kérylos in Beaulieu
- Trip to the Mediterranean dolphin and whale reserve
- Souterroscope at Baume Obscure Cave
- Visiobulle: glass-bottom boat.
Provence getaways : our day trips
- Saint Tropez by boat and Port Grimaud
- Aix en Provence and Cézanne’s studio
- Avignon (Palais des Papes)
- Antibes, its streets and market
- Grasse, Perfume capital
- Vallauris (Picasso museum, château, pottery studio)
- Calanques de Cassis + boat trip
- Gorges du Verdon
- Les Baux de Provence (Château des Baux and Cathédrale d’Images)
- Grotte du Lazaret cave
- Hilltop village tour (Eze, Gourdon, Tourettes sur Loup, Saint Paul)
- Sainte Marguerite Island and Lérins Islands
• TAKE FLE COURSES •
Our trusted partner teachers and course schedules
Teachers and guides qualified in French as a foreign language
You can trust our teachers qualified to teach French as a foreign language who have been working with VAL for years on our language stays. We hand-pick teachers from French schools who display real motivation for work with young or adult learners using communication-based teaching.
Training centres provide modern and comfortable learning facilities for student groups of all ages. Plus they’re close to cultural venues and public transport to limit journey times.
Our guides and guide-drivers are French-speaking and adapt to suit any learning ability.
Choose your French course schedule
The VAL agency uses a French level test to advise you on the appropriate number of classes and schedule. All our language stay attendees join a French group that’s right for their level and objectives. French lessons tend to be held in the morning with the afternoon spent on tours and activities. French lessons are optional and all visitors can choose a cultural stay.
At the end of your language stay in Provence, all learners receive a personalised end of course certificate stating the number of class hours and level you’ve achieved.
Get more information about FLE courses and language travel in France visiting our blog.
20 years of expertise supporting groups and globetrotters
The ultimate in assistance during your trip, quick solutions to suit you
Value for Money
Excellent value for money
Atout France member, constant monitoring of our services
Creativity & Diversity
Culture is what fuels us to provide unique and original trips