Ages 13 and over
Variety of accommodation
With/without French lessons
Head to Strasbourg, the heart of French Alsace !
Soak up a language in the “capital” of Europe: Strasbourg!
You’ll feel right at home in this youthful, vibrant and multicultural city! The Alsatian capital is a UNESCO World Heritage site (the Grande Île) and jam-packed with culture and art: from the Petite France district and unique Ponts Couverts to Strasbourg Cathedral and its astronomical clock plus the Cave Historique des Hospices wine cellar. You can easily explore Strasbourg on foot or by bike. Learning French in Alsace is a real treat, especially when the Christmas markets are on. Tuck into a pretzel or “bredele” as you gaze at central Strasbourg’s heritage gems or the European Parliament district’s modern architecture.
The region is bursting with magic and has surprises galore! Go on an exciting adventure into mysterious and medieval Alsace as you visit fortresses and pretty cities such as Colmar and Eguisheim. The Route des Vins is a must to learn the secrets of wine and drink in views of beautiful rows of vines. Ready for a cultural language stay in Alsace with VAL?
When’s the best time to visit Alsace ?
Visiting Alsace in summer
It’s the perfect time if you love the sunshine and stunning scenery. A language stay between June and September means you can soak up the lush hills and brightly coloured rows of vines. It will only make your trip to the châteaux and wine route better!
Visiting Alsace in winter : Christmas markets
The Christmas holidays are ideal for a magical cultural break in Alsace that you won’t forget. The Christmas markets are legendary and give French students the chance to experience this French region’s signature traditions, food and drink.
• CHOOSE YOUR TRAVEL OPTIONS •
Your options for a language stay in Alsace
Discover our travel programs, with or without FLE courses, depending on the duration and the program of activities.
- “Alsace Stay 5” (5 days/4 nights): 9 hrs of French lessons, 4 half-day activities, 4 overnight stays
- “Alsace Stay 6” (6 days/5 nights): 12 hrs of French lessons, 6 half-day activities, 5 overnight stays
- “Alsace Stay 6” (7 days/6 nights): 15 hrs of French lessons, 7 half-day activities, 6 overnight stays
- “Alsace Stay 14” (14 days/13 nights): 30 hrs of French lessons, 10 half-day and 2 full-day activities, 13 overnight stays
- “Cultural Alsace Stay 5” (5 days/4 nights): 2 museum tours, 1 guided tour, 3 quirky tours, 2 day trips, 4 overnight stays
- “Cultural Alsace Stay 6” (6 days/5 nights): 2 museum tours, 2 guided tours, 3 quirky tours, 2 day trips, 5 overnight stays
- “Cultural Alsace Stay 7” (7 days/6 nights): 3 museum tours, 3 guided tours, 4 quirky tours, 2 day trips, 6 overnight stays
- “Cultural Alsace Stay 14” (14 days/13 nights): 4 museum tours, 4 guided tours, 5 quirky tours, 4 day trips, 13 overnight stays
- “Exception Alsace Stay 5” (5 days/ 4 nights) : 2 guided tours, 1 workshop, 4 tours and a show, 4 overnight stays
- “Exception Alsace Stay 6” (6 days/ 5 nights) : 3 guided tours, 2 ateliers, 5 tours and a show, 5 overnight stays
- “Exception Alsace Stay 7” (7 days/6 nights) : 4 guided tours, 3 ateliers, 5 tours, 1 day trip and a show, 6 overnight stays
- “Exception Alsace Stay 14” (14 days/13 nights): 6 guided tours, 4 workshops, 6 tours, 3 day trips and a show, 13 overnight stays
Alsace language and cultural stays : 3 packages
VAL provides the following 3 stay packages:
- Language stay (cultural activities + French lessons)
- Cultural stay (trip focusing on French culture without French lessons)
- “Exception française” stay: specific break focusing on regional Alsatian signatures: food & drink, crafts, European history, tableware etc.
Cultural activities include classic and quirky tours, workshops and experiences, excursions and guided tours.
Each overnight stay includes:
- Accommodation in a host family (2 or 3 students per family), residence or hotel (dorms)
- Half-board (breakfast and dinner)
Explore our wide range of travel packages based on stay length and activity schedule.
• Choose your local activities in ALsace •
Our customised cultural trips for a language stay in Alsace
Visits and workshops
Museums and guided tours (half-day)
- Guided boat tour on the Ill
- Old town and cathedral guided tour
- Petite France walking tour
- Palais Rohan
- Musée Historique de la Ville de Strasbourg
- Musée Alsacien
- Vauban Dam observation deck
- Old city walls
- Guided city bus tour
Unique experiences in Strasbourg
- Signature dish tasting
- Flammekueche workshop (a delicious crispy oven-baked tart with cream, onions and lardons)
Tours and quirky activities in Strasbourg
- Tour of Strasbourg’s quirky and secret side
- Ponts Couverts tour
- Cave Historique des Hospices de Strasbourg wine cellar tour
- Treasure hunt
Alsatian day trips
- European district tour: the Council of Europe and European Parliament
- Alsatian wine route
- Colmar tour
- Nancy tour including Place Stanislas (the most beautiful square in the world) and examples of Art Nouveau from the Nancy School.
- Alsatian beautiful villages tour (Eguisheim etc.)
• TAKE FRENCH LESSONS •
Our FLE schools and course schedules
Qualified French as a foreign language teachers and guides
Strasbourg is an iconic European city that’s cosmopolitan and multicultural. Language schools and French language schools are right at home here! Our Strasbourg partner schools are near cultural attractions and public transport. They are hand-picked for the standard of their French courses and facilities. The qualified and experienced French teachers providing French lessons to foreign travellers use a communication-based teaching method to boost their students’ self-confidence.
French Lessons : with or without ?
Do you have a professional goal or French test coming up?
Soak up the language with a French course based on your ability and needs! After a French test to establish your level, you can take French lessons to suit your schedule.
French lessons are optional (please see our “cultural stays”). French lessons tend to take place in the morning with the afternoon spent on tours or activities.
You’ll receive an end of course certificate stating the number of hours you’ve completed and the level you’ve achieved at the end of your course.
20 years of expertise supporting groups and globetrotters
The ultimate in assistance during your trip, quick solutions to suit you
Value for Money
Excellent value for money
Atout France member, constant monitoring of our services
Creativity & Diversity
Culture is what fuels us to provide unique and original trips