Ages 13 and over
Variety of accommodation
With/without French lessons
Destination Paris !
Paris is a fascinating place with cultural gems
at every turn. The City of Lights has everything you could wish for: experience 2000 years of art and history as you pound its pavements and explore its many monuments and museums. If you already can’t wait to see the incredible Eiffel Tower and iconic Louvre then you’ll really be blown away by the heritage and curiosities of every origin, style and period that call Paris home. Tribal art at the Musée du Quai Branly-Jacques Chirac, Arènes de Lutèce, Rodin sculptures, Musée de la Photo and Musée de la Mode, canal cruises, shopping trips, cookery class with a top chef or perfume making workshop…The capital is the perfect place to learn French and get your culture fix! Our language stays in Paris serve up the City of Light’s best-known landmarks and introduce you to its secret but equally stunning sights.
• Your bespoke cultural and language tour to Paris •
Get inspired !
• Choose your travel options •
Your options for a language stay in Paris
Discover our travel programs, with or without FLE courses, depending on the duration and the program of activities.
- “Paris Stay 5” (5 days/4 nights): 9 hrs of French lessons, 4 half-day activities, 4 overnight stays
- “Paris Stay 6” (6 days/5 nights): 12 hrs of French lessons, 6 half-day activities, 5 overnight stays
- “Paris Stay 6” (7 days/6 nights): 15 hrs of French lessons, 7 half-day activities, 6 overnight stays
- “Paris Stay 14” (14 days/13 nights): 30 hrs of French lessons, 10 half-day and 2 full-day activities, 13 overnight stays
- “Cultural Paris Stay 5” (5 days/4 nights): 2 museum tours, 1 guided tour, 3 quirky tours, 2 day trips, 4 overnight stays
- “Cultural Paris Stay 6” (6 days/5 nights): 2 museum tours, 2 guided tours, 3 quirky tours, 2 day trips, 5 overnight stays
- “Cultural Paris Stay 7” (7 days/6 nights): 3 museum tours, 3 guided tours, 4 quirky tours, 2 day trips, 6 overnight stays
“Cultural Paris Stay 14” (14 days/13 nights): 4 museum tours, 4 guided tours, 5 quirky tours, 4 day trips, 13 overnight stays
- “Exception Paris Stay 5” (5 days/ 4 nights) : 2 guided tours, 1 workshop, 4 tours and a show, 4 overnight stays
- “Exception Paris Stay 6” (6 days/ 5 nights) : 3 guided tours, 2 ateliers, 5 tours and a show, 5 overnight stays
- “Exception Paris Stay 7” (7 days/6 nights) : 4 guided tours, 3 ateliers, 5 tours, 1 day trip and a show, 6 overnight stays
“Exception Paris Stay 14” (14 days/13 nights): 6 guided tours, 4 workshops, 6 tours, 3 day trips and a show, 13 overnight stays
Our Paris language stay PACKAGES :
Vacances Actives Linguistiques provides 3 types of language stay:
- Language stay (cultural activities + French lessons)
- Cultural tour (trip focusing on French culture without French lessons)
- “Exception française” stay : specific break focusing on Parisian signatures: food & drink, crafts, fashion, luxury products, history, tableware, shows etc.
Cultural activities include classic and quirky tours, workshops and experiences, excursions and guided tours.
Each overnight stay includes:
- Accommodation in a host family (2 or 3 students per family), residence or hotel (dorms)
- Half-board (breakfast and dinner)
Explore our wide range of travel packages based on stay length and activity schedule.
• Choose your favorite activities •
Cultural activities during your stay in Paris : take your pick!
Our visits, workshops and themes itineraries
- Musée du Louvre,
- Musée d’Orsay,
- Centre Pompidou,
- Musée Rodin,
- Musée Picasso,
- Petit Palais,
- Grand Palais,
- Musée des Arts Forains,
- Musée de l’Orangerie
- Arc de Triomphe,
- Sainte Chapelle,
- Les Invalides and Napoleon’s tomb,
- Opéra Garnier,
Workshops and fun :
- Pâtisserie/baking class
- “Tableware” workshop
- Perfume-making workshop or how to make your own fragrance
- Cook like a chef (with a chef too!).
Unique experiences and museums in Paris:
- Arc de Triomphe and Champs Elysées
- Musée Yves Saint Laurent and Musée Galliera (fashion museum)
- Eiffel Tower
- The Grands Magasins department stores
- Paris walkways and the Grands Boulevards
- Musée des Arts Premiers (Quai Branly- Jacques Chirac)
- Musée des Arts Forains
- Bike ride (weather permitting)
- Paris sewers
- Canal Saint Martin cruise
- Musée Grévin,
- Cinema tour at the Grand Rex
- Paris Story
- 56th floor at Montparnasse Tower
- Guided Opera tour
- Île de la Cité,
- The Tuileries
- The Marais,
- The Latin Quarter
- The Passages Couverts
- Paris Bridges
- Around the Eiffel Tower
- Nouvelle Athènes
- The Batignolles
- Promenade Plantée greenway
- Père Lachaise cemetery
- Seine cruise.
- Paris in the French Revolution
- Paris and Molière
- The Secrets of Old Paris
- Paris and Fashion
- Street art in Paris
- Cinema tour
- Literature tour.
Day trips in the Paris area
(admission and transport included, approx. 10 hr day trip depending on destination)
- Loire Châteaux (Chambord and Blois),
- Fontainebleau and Blandy les Tours
- Chartres and Giverny, Claude Monet’s gardens
- Giverny and Auvers sur Oise,
- Château de Chantilly and the Royal Stables
- Bruges and its canals
- Reims (cathedral and champagne wine cellars)
- D-Day beaches
- A day by the sea (Trouville, Honfleur)
- France Miniature and Rouen
- Bois le Roi leisure area
- Château de Breteuil (Perrault’s stories)
- Disneyland Paris
- Parc Astérix
• Take French lessons •
French lessons available
Our French as a foreign language-qualified teachers and guides
VAL has formed solid partnerships with French language schools in Paris renowned for the standard of their teaching and reliability. Our qualified and experienced French teachers welcome students in a comfortable and positive environment ideal for boosting self-confidence. We choose our partner language schools for their modern learning facilities, communication-based teaching and central Paris location near cultural venues and metro stations.
Our friendly guides and guide-drivers are also qualified to teach French as a foreign language, can adapt to suit learners’ abilities and love sharing their knowledge!
French classes in our Paris schools
Learn at your pace and level !
Learners take a level test at the start and decide how many French lessons they want to take. French lessons are optional (please see our “cultural stays”). French lessons tend to take place in the morning with the afternoon spent on tours or activities. You’ll receive an end of course certificate stating the number of hours you’ve completed and the level you’ve achieved at the end of your course.
20 years of expertise supporting groups and globetrotters
The ultimate in assistance during your trip, quick solutions to suit you
Value for Money
Excellent value for money
Atout France member, constant monitoring of our services
Creativity & Diversity
Culture is what fuels us to provide unique and original trips